- To provide a well rounded education and to increase self confidence and self esteem.
- To extend and enrich the pupil’s learning and to challenge pupils to try different activities.
- Pupils are encouraged to take part in lunch time and after school activities – Sporting, Musical and other activities.
During School Time
- Art & Craft Club, Band, Book Buddies, Chess Club, Christian Union, Duke of Edinburgh Award (Bronze), Gardening Club, First Aid Course, House Meetings, Latin American Dance, Library, Revision Lessons, School Council Meetings, Speech & Drama.
- Languages; Individual lessons for German, Portuguese, Group Mandarin lessons (starting soon).
- Music; Choir and instrumental ensembles, peripatetic music lessons: Clarinet, Flute, Guitar, Piano, Recorders, Singing, Violin.
- Sport; Badminton, Football, Games Practice (specific game and class), Multi-skills.
Some activities like House Meetings, Lunchtime Library and Council Meetings are pupil led.
- Judo, Latin American Dance, Team Matches, Tennis
- Pupils may also stay after school to join the Boarders homework routine.
We welcome volunteers wishing to run a club. Special lunch time activities are run occasionally.
School Trips & Visits
Enhances learning and all pupils will go on at least one day trip each year.
- Year 5 – 6: Three day French Trip, every other year
- Years 7 – 11: Ski trip, every other year
- Year 10: Three day geography and Science trip
- Year 10: Work experience in Prague teaching English to 14 – 19 years olds.